Everyone knows that eating radish is good for health. But what about the radish leaves?
Are radish leaves good for you? Are radish leaves poisonous?
You must have heard these questions many times. To make a long story short, Of course, Radish leaves are edible and it’s healthy.
But it is not enough to know.
Radish greens are not only safe to eat but also are rich in pro-vitamins, minerals fiber, calories, and also have disease preventive quality.
What is the nutritive value of radish green? What are the diseases it can prevent? How to eat radish leaves?
Today I am going to answer all the questions. Let’s take a look!
What Are The Nutritional Values Of Radish Leaves?
Radish leaves are nutritious. The radish leaves contain a lot of calcium, iron, and copper, vitamins (A, B, C, E, and K). 100 grams of radish leaves contain 3000 IU vitamin A, which is three times more than the same amount of green cauliflower; and 290 mg calcium which is four times more than the same amount of spinach (55 mg calcium); vitamin B1 is 60% more than the bean. vitamin B2 is twice as much as cow’s milk. Vitamin C is more abundant in oranges, but the radish leaves contain vitamin C two and a half times than oranges.
According to the analysis, every 100 grams of radish leaves contain 49 calories, 5.2 grams of protein, 0.7 grams of lipid, 7.1 grams of saccharide, 290 mg of calcium, and phosphorus 30 mg, iron 1.4 mg, vitamin A 3000 IU, Vitamin B 0.4 mg, vitamin C 90 mg.
What Are The Health Benefits of Radish Leaves?
You may already know Radish has lots of health benefits. Besides, Radish leaves are good and nutritious. Cause –
- Radish leaves are rich in vitamin A, which is an essential nutrient for skin and eyes.
- The radish leaves contain calcium, iron, and copper those help to renew the blood cells (leucocytes, red blood cells, hemoglobin, etc.)
- It contains a high amount of folic acid(vitamin B9), which is essential for the growth, maintenance of all cells and good development of Fetus.
- Radish leaves rich in vitamin C, which can prevent skin aging, the formation of melanin, vascular aging, and arteriosclerosis.
- Dietary fiber in the leaves can promote gastrointestinal motility, prevent constipation and promote digestion.
- The radish leaves often have the effect of nourishing beauty and improving eye congestion.
- Radish tops are antioxidants.
Medicinal Uses of Radish Leaves
Cough and Vomiting
The white radish smashed leaves juice with boiling water can treat cough and vomiting caused by typhoid or injury.
Abdominal Distension, Stomach Pain
The dried radish leaves are chopped and boiled in water for 15 minutes. Drink it like tea. You can also add tea with boiled water. It helps to cure gas, appetite, and diarrhea, thoracic pain, snoring, and vomiting.
Male and Female Hemorrhoids, Anal Itching, Genital Eczema
Put 1500 grams of vinegar and 150 grams of dried radish leaves into the pot and boil it for 5-10 minutes. Pour the vinegar and radish into the enamel pot. After cooling down, the patient takes the mouth on the enamel pot for fumigation. The next day, the vinegar and radish were reheated and fumigated. Fumigation 1 time before going to bed every day for 4-5 days.
The radish young leaves juice is very good for the long-term treatment of dysentery, habitual diarrhea, and chronic intestinal inflammation. Drink 2 or 3 times will be more effective.
Modern research shows that the content of vitamin K in radish leaves is much higher than other foods, so radish leaves are the best source of natural vitamin K. This vitamin can resist urate crystals and effectively prevent bones.
How to Eat Radish Greens?
It is recommended to consume them raw to take better advantage of their nutrients.
Although there are also more ways to consume radish leaves, these are:
- In tea.
- In juices, you can combine them with other fruits or leaves.
- The leaves of radishes can be used in soups.
- In salads, you can combine it with other vegetables such as lettuce, spinach, etc.
- In creams.
- You can also cook it, but only for a few minutes so it does not lose its nutrients.
When choosing radish leaves, be careful not to eat yellow or rotten leaves. Choose a green fresh radish leaf. Before consuming the leaves, wash them thoroughly with plenty of water to remove the soil.
That’s all of the ways radish greens benefit you. So, when you buy radish, do not throw the leaves. If you grow radish in your garden, then you can collect green leaves after several days. Make radish top soup or some other delicious food and take the benefits they provide.
Share this article if someone asks you that can radish leaves be eaten?