Do ants invade your garden or kitchen? Do insects feast on your young shoots? And you want to make an insect-free organic garden?
Natural gardening is not so difficult if you know simple, practical, effective and non-polluting recipes based on natural products.
You can naturally fight against snails and slugs with the coffee grounds. We also have another natural weapon ultra-effective against insects: Garlic(contain sulfur). Here I have discussed how you can fight against destructive garden pests like snails, slugs. aphids, beetle.
Let’s dive into the discussion about how to make garlic spray.
The garlic decoction mainly use in the vegetable garden and the orchard (also on some flowers such as roses) to fight:
- Preventively against damping off.
- Curative against aphids, mites, ants, moles, voles, slugs, caterpillars, and diseases such as peach blister and vine, mildew, rust, powdery mildew, strawberry gray mold.
How to Make Garlic Spray Quickly
The preparation of the garlic spray is effortless. Here is the step by step guide on how to make and use a garlic spray
- Roughly chop 15-20 cloves of garlic and place in a pot.
- Add to 1 or 2 liters of water.
- Stirr the water while boil and let it simmer for 20 minutes with a lid on the pot.
- Leaving covered and let cool it for an hour.
- Then filter to remove all residues.
- Add few drops of dishwashing soap.
- Pour it in a spray bottle and the store remaining part in a plastic container.
You can also make purines from garlic. Purines make from leaves of garlic. Put some leaves for at least a week in cold water for fermentation. Filter it and spray the infected plants. Some plants give better results in purines (ferns, comfrey).
Make Garlic Insecticide By Maceration
- Macerate 80 gr. crushed garlic in 1 liter of water
- Let stand for 12 hours. (For quick and better result boil it over high temperature and let it cool )
- Filter the mixture and add 4 ml of strong alcohol.
- Spray maceration of garlic on your infected plants
You can also add some ingredients to boost the power of your garlic spray. Most effective ingredients are:
- Crushed hot pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Neem Oil
- Liquid soap
Another Garlic Recipe with Cooking oil:
Use The Garlic Spray
Garlic spray use according to one of the two following methods:
- Use a watering can for preventive treatment of damping-off.
- Spraying foliage using a pressure sprayer in other cases (curative treatments of various targeted diseases).
- For best treatment, repeat watering or spraying 3 or 4 times at 3-day intervals
These natural and effective techniques avoid the use of synthetic products that are harmful to the environment and our health. If you have decided to grow your garden in the most natural use the natural insecticides like garlic, soap, coffee ground.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):